An overview of the subject areas of Social Anthropology that can be studied as part of the HSPS course. This information is intended to give you a sense of the academic standard of our typical A Level entrants. All undergraduate admissions decisions are the responsibility of the Cambridge Colleges.
Build on earlier level study of the sociology of culture to inform a critique of the relationship between culture, crisis and civilisation. The way sport can be used to address social issues, some of the problems with this approach, and how these issues can be overcome. Gain a theoretical and practical toolkit for sport development work.
An accredited degree may entitle you to work in a specific profession within the UK, and abroad . You’ll be taught and assessed by a variety of methods and it will vary between units. These methods are designed to promote in-depth learning and understanding of the subject. In your second year you’ll continue a broad-based approach or choose to specialise in specific areas, whether it’s policy, social theory, or justice and conflict. Social Sciences help us understand and contribute to our complex society. Here at Sunderland, our Social Science courses develop skills in critical thinking, communication and teamwork that will help you make a difference in changing society for the better.
- The principal purpose of European Journal of Social Sciences is to publish scholarly work in the social sciences defined in the classical sense, that is in the social sciences, the humanities, and the natural sciences.
- Human, Social, and Political Sciences at Cambridge can be tailored from the start.
- We welcome applications from those with equivalent qualifications to those stated, including SVQs/NVQs, access programmes and overseas qualifications.
- Such research activity ensures that our course is kept current and relevant.
- The criminal justice system involves a variety of organisations and professionals, e.g. the police, the courts and offender services.
We offer a range of scholarships to help support your studies with us. If you have the potential and motivation to study at university, regardless of your background or personal circumstances, we welcome your application. This includes formal lectures and laalmeja.com tutorials, industry placements, sports science laboratories, essays, business portfolios, and psychological testing. The criminal justice system involves a variety of organisations and professionals, e.g. the police, the courts and offender services.
Innovative new workshops prepare medical students to support victims of sexual assault
We accept GCE and International A levels and the IB Diploma whether you have studied them in the UK or abroad. Most of our students will join us with three principal subjects, but you may have study beyond this which demonstrates your individual talents that will help you with your degree. Compulsory units cover core concepts that you’ll need to understand as part of your degree programme. Some of our courses also offer the opportunity for you to study optional units. These allow you to specialise in particular areas of knowledge that interest you.