Backpacker insurance covers you for travelling to multiple countries on longer duration trips. You might be taking a gap year between school and university, or just taking a break to explore more of the world. Either way, a backpacker travel insurance policy will make sure you’re covered on your trip. A backpacker policy often referred to as a long stay policy, will cover you to travel to several destinations for longer periods of time – unlike a standard single trip or multi trip policy. Although this is a good addition to take on holiday, having a travel insurance policy as well could provide you with further protection and peace of mind whilst you are abroad.
- If you are keen to earn some extra money while you are backpacking to keep your funds topped up, our globetrotter policy covers you for working abroad, provided it’s not manual labour and machinery isn’t used.
- Many countries will require British Nationals to produce a visa when passing through border control.
- If you’re travelling around Europe, your level of medical cover has changed since the UK left the EU on 31st December 2020.
- If you are exposed to a risk, aggravated by a difficulty, that results in search, rescue, transportation or repatriation expenses by civil or military means or by rescue services, we will reimburse the costs.
- As some backpacking holidays are slightly higher end than sleeping in a tent in the middle of nowhere, many of you may be looking to take away your gadgets to document your journeys or keep in touch with loved ones.
If you are planning on hiring a vehicle on your trip, make sure you have adequate cover too. Consider taking End Supplier Failure Insurance too if you are planning on flying a lot. Also make sure the medical cover is high enough for the countries you will be visiting. Regardless countryhavenresort.com of where you’re going, you always need some form of travel insurance. Given that a backpacking, gap year or a charity work trip may differ considerably from, let’s say a 2-week family holiday to Benidorm,Single TripandMulti Trippolicies simply won’t provide you with enough cover.
We consider all conditions
If you want to get more out of your trip, there’s also a multitude of sports and activities included within our standard terms, at no extra cost. For a small supplement, more risky enterprises can also be covered. Our Backpacker Insurance, known as the Globetrotter policy, is an extended long stay single trip travel insurance plan, where you can opt to be away from home for up to 365 days. If you are looking to travel for more than 60 consecutive days, this policy could be the right fit for you, as it is designed specifically for those who want to embark on a mammoth adventure. We can provide cover for most disclosed pre-existing conditions, even on backpacker policies.
You can also plan a scenic walk to Coban Sewu Waterfall, located in a small village in the highlands of Java, a two-hour drive to the East of Malang. To get to this waterfall you need to climb down bamboo ladders into a deep ravine. It is a tricky climb, but the view from the bottom of the waterfall is definitely worth the journey.
If you’re planning on any activities or a gap year trip whilst you’re away such as fruit or vegetable picking or catamaran sailing, we can provide cover as standard. However, if you’re feeling a little more adventurous and fancy cave diving or even shark diving, you can add this to your travel insurance at an additional cost. If you’re unsure which activities we cover or you can’t see your chosen activity, just give our travel team a call to see if we can cover it. With our Annual travel insurance policy, you’re covered for an unlimited number of trips up to 31 days in duration over a 12-month period.